Preview background: Scottish Highlands by boysetsfire.
- - - - - - -Update: Enigma 4 Patch 1 (16 September 2012)
I've added some of the performance improvements and bug fixes made since the release of Enigma 4. Please check the Issues List
to see which issues have been addressed.
- - - - - - -Update: Enigma 4 (7 August 2012)
It looks like I managed to beat the one-year anniversary of 3.1, if only by four days.
First, some news. One: I need to give special thanks to smurfier
, who has been a huge help to me this cycle. Among many other things, he's contributed his latest features from LuaCalendar
, and he's tightened up some of my code considerably. If you like what you see in Enigma 4, be sure to thank him.
Two: I've decided to jump on the Chrome bandwagon and simplify my version numbering. The next stable update will be Enigma 4. After that will be 5, 6, 7, etc. If I need to do patches, they'll still use decimals (e.g. 4.1, 4.2).
Three: the Enigma source code is now being hosted on GitHub
. So if you want to see, test, and give feedback on new features before the beta, you can "Watch" the project page on GitHub and follow Enigma's development in real time.
Now, on to the new stuff.
• A new tool lets you search for and set your weather code
entirely from within Enigma.
now work the way they used to: just right-click a skin and pick from the "Variants" menu. No more of that frustrating double-clicking on an invisible background.
• Speaking of backgrounds, all skins now have a shadow
that appears on mouseover. This makes it easier to grab skins and move them around.
• All-new skins include Process
, which shows your top Windows processes by CPU usage; a Reader
variant for the taskbar; and a Volume
variant for the sidebar.
• Taskbar skins now automatically resize
to fit their contents.
• Many, many new options. The old options are smarter, too: you can now add your Gmail account with or without "Gmail.com", and Google Calendar feeds with or without "/basic". You can also right-click any individual option to restore the default.
• The Calendar skin now lets you display your personal events from a local XML file. You can also choose to have the Google Calendar skin write an XML file with your upcoming appointments.
• It's much easier to add new tabs to Notes and Reader. Instructions will be added to the FAQ in the near future (see below).
These are just the highlights. As always, you'll find a complete changelog in the release notes.
- - - - - - -Description
Enigma is a featured "suite" for the Windows system monitoring application, Rainmeter
. It's a library of desktop gadgets that you can choose from, arrange and configure however you want.
• A neutral, minimalist design that goes well with a wide range of themes, wallpapers and color schemes.
• Over 100 customization options in a user-friendly panel, no programming skills required.
• Up to 7 variants for each skin, including "Sidebar" and "Taskbar" styles that stack neatly and snap together.
• Support for "stylesheets" - third-party modification packages that completely change the look and feel of the entire suite. New stylesheets can be installed and turned on or off in seconds.
• Three pre-made themes that fit your computer screen right out of the box.
Enigma also includes a full range of standard skins for a Rainmeter suite, including clocks and calendars that show your personal events; feed readers that support RSS, Atom, Gmail
, Google Calendar
and Remember The Milk
; notepads; picture slideshows; media player controls and album art displays for over 16 players
; application launchers and search engines; weather forecasts powered by Yahoo! Weather
; and numerous system and network monitors, including CPU, RAM, volume, drive space, WiFi status, IP address, recycle bin state, and more.
- - - - - - -Recognition
Enigma has been downloaded over 330,000 times alone, and over 2 million times bundled with Rainmeter, which chose Enigma as its default theme in 2009. It has been featured several times by Lifehacker
, Windows Magazine
and Computer Bild
, and spent over two years as the #1 most popular work in deviantArt's Skins and Themes
- - - - - - -License & Credits
for a list of credits and license information for this software.
- - - - - - -Support
• Issues List
• Forum Thread
Please don't post help requests on deviantArt. Use the forum thread instead. It really helps to keep everything in one place.
- - - - - - -
For more information, visit the official website