Update: Arcs 1.2 (14 August 2011)
Just a small update. I've cleaned up the skin code, so it's a few hundred lines shorter. I also made it much easier to edit the variables for colors, drive letters and network speeds.
I also updated the progress bar to use the new NowPlaying plugin, instead of the old iTunes plugin. See here
for a list of supported players and corresponding settings.
- - - - - - -Update: RMSkin (20 November 10)
I've coverted the package to the ".rmskin" format, which makes it quick and easy to install new skins in the latest version of Rainmeter.
- - - - - - -Update: Dark Arcs (20 August 09)
After many requests, it's my pleasure to announce the following additions to Arcs:
- A "Dark" variant, with inverted colors for use on brighter screens.
- The colors in the actual code are now labeled, so they'll be easier for others to edit.
- The Song Progress bar has been re-added to the Rainmeter version, using iTunes.
- Not really an update to Arcs, per se, but the new Rainmeter 1.0 features much-improved anti-aliasing, so those jagged inner edges you used to see in 0.14 are gone. The preview screenshot has been updated accordingly (it's been bothering me for ages).
- - - - - - -
Originally inspired by tok2's Circle
. Thanks almost entirely to the efforts of onewithnopaper
, "Arcs" has been translated from my original Samurize config
into Rainmeter. As I predicted, it's a little rough around the edges - no one's fault, just an inevitable result of Rainmeter's inferior rendering. But it's completely functional.
Onewithnopaper really deserves the credit for this one. I was planning to spend this afternoon on the project; you can imagine my surprise when this showed up in an email.
Arcs will also be included as a bonus feature in the upcoming update to Enigma
The original Samurize configs are included in this package.